Kim E Moore
Program Manager / Aerospace Engineer / Writer
Professional Positions Company / Web Links Industry
Orion Avionics Project Manager
Senior Instrumentation Specialist
• 15+ years managing NASA JSC Projects including:
o Project Manager of the four Orion Avionics Sections.
- Inertial Components Laboratory (Lockheed Martin at NASA-Johnson Space Center).
o Lead / Designed, Developed, Implemented Test and Flight Hardware & Software.
• On site scientist / manager of chemical / metallurgical plant environmental construction and logistics.
• Environmental construction oversight; liquid and soil sampling, vapor monitoring.
Areas of Expertise
• Aerospace Engineering
• Space Sciences
• Hardware and Software Development, Evaluation, and Implementation
• Inertial Navigation Sensors and Systems Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation - HW & SW
• Laboratory Development and Management.
• Engineering and Sciences Program and Project Management.
• Environmental and General Site Construction Management, Logistics, Sampling and Monitoring.
• Construction – Port, Plant, and other Facilities and Installations
• Professional Writer – Technical; Science Fiction.
Writing and business development financed with personal investments and heavy industry skills.
MS, Physical Sciences/Space Sciences
Houston, TX USA
Lockheed Martin/Johnson Space Center Professional Training
2007: Microelectronic Reliability Qual Workshop .
2007: Kepner-Tregoe Project Management Cert.
2007: Systems of Systems Seminar.
1996: Practical Thinking and Decision Making.
1996: Sys. Engineering for Project Management.
1990: Navigation - Methods and Sensors.
1988: NAS 9-17900 Job Order/Project Control.
1986: Modern Numerical Methods.
1984: Calculus of Variations.
Selected Publications and Professional Presentations
• "Dual Laser Gyro Test Program," Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Monterey, CA. American Institute of
Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), August 1987, 1331-1345. Presented synopsis of electronic, software, and mechanical
designs and methods for testing and evaluating two ring laser gyroscopes and the results. Coauthored with Malcolm E.
• "Space Station Freedom (SSF) Inertial Sensor Assembly (ISA) Component Development Unit (CDU) Evaluation," JSC-32289,
Engineering Directorate: Navigation, Control, and Aeronautics Division, Feb. 1993.
• "High Accuracy Inertial Navigation System Accelerometer Test and Evaluation," JSC-22244, Engineering Directorate: Avionics
Systems Division, Dec. 1987.
Sample of Personnel Publication (as a personal thank you for this role model): “Mr. McGregor”, Guideposts, 44-48, Oct. 1999.
Honors and Awards
• Recognition of Excellence for Outstanding Expertise and Dedicated Support for the SAFER Project, NASA EVA Office Manager
Stephen C. Doering, 2006.
Director of Engineering Leonard S. Nicholson, 1996.
• Superior Assistance Award in Recognition of Excellent Support of Rate Table Retesting of the MIR-3 SAFER during Pre-Ship
Anomaly Resolution, NASA JSC Automation, Robotics, and Simulation Division Chief Walter Guy, 1996.
• Outstanding Contribution toward the Successful SAFER Test Flight, NASA Space Shuttle Program Director Brewster Shaw,
• Group Achievement Award to SAFER Detailed Test Objective Development Team for their creativity and innovation
demonstrated by conceiving and developing an EVA system for increased crew safety which met the challenge to be “faster,
cheaper, better!”, NASA Administrator Daniel S. Goldin.
• Group Achievement Award to MMD Development Team for their outstanding efforts in the development of an ultra sensitive,
• Group Achievement Award to Space Shuttle IMU Program Support Team in recognition of their engineering excellence in the
development and operation of the IMU for the Space Shuttle Program, NASA JSC Center Director Gerald D. Griffin.
• Group Achievement Award to Shuttle Body Flap Deflection Measurement Team for their outstanding engineering and
development efforts in reconfiguring the PDAP needed to record OV-102 body flap data on STS-50, NASA Administrator Daniel
Pre-Professional and Skilled Experience
• 5K through Marathon Runner/Boston qualifier January 2008, mountain bike trail riding, Astronomy.
• Volunteer: Local environmental; College math/sciences volunteer tutor.
• Siberian Husky enthusiast (admire their incredible determination, endurance, teamwork, creativity, and outlook).
• Soccer ( USSF C National License - Chicago and NSCAA National soccer coaching license - Penn State ).